Last night, at FVSD's School Board Meeting, the Support Services Team had the opportunity to present the Social Emotional Learning and Mental Health Supports within FVSD, and the action plan to expand services starting this month through the end of the year. Overall, FVSD values the importance of a positive school climate and is committed to supporting and developing every student both academically and social-emotionally.
In the coming months, FVSD is excited to announce the expansion of current efforts related to social-emotional supports for students, parents, and staff members through the establishment of monthly health and wellness themes, mental health support staff, resources, and upcoming learning events for parents, teachers, and staff. Below you will find additional information along with a link to FVSD's 1st Virtual Community Education Night on Cyber Safety from 6pm-7pm on Thursday, January 28th.
The safety and well-being of our students, staff, and community have always been our number one priority. FVSD understands that these are complicated times, things are changing quickly, and our commitment to keeping you informed is unwavering. FVSD is thrilled to launch these expanded services this month and the team looks forward to seeing you at a webinar soon. Please look for additional information regarding upcoming events and resource in the coming weeks.
Should you have any questions, or need assistance of any kind, please do not hesitate to contact your site principal, counselor, or FVSD's Director of Support Services, Kate Christmas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly Health & Wellness Themes
- January: Healthy Communication
- February: Building Relationships
- March: Engagement & Motivation
- April: Stress Less this Spring
- May: Mental Health Awareness
- June: Joyful June
FVSD Mental Health Support Staff
(Supports designated to each site, including our FVSDConnected Elementary and Middle Schools)
- School Counselors
- School Psychologists
- Psych Interns
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor Interns
FVSD Mental Health and Wellness Resources
- FVSD's Mental Health and Wellness Resources is a comprehensive webpage with links to Mental Health and COVID-19, community health partners, and emergency crisis services.
- FVSD's Wellness Wednesday is a weekly newsletter that covers a wide range of content about Physical and Emotional Wellness and Social Emotional Learning.
- FVSD has partnered with CareSolace to support our community's mental health 24/7
Parent & Community Virtual Learning Events
- Social Media & Cyber Bullying webinar (January 28th @ 6-7 pm)
- Engagement & Motivation in the Home webinar (March)
- 5th to 6th Grade Transition webinar (April)
- Suicide Awareness webinar (May)