Documents Required to Establish Residency
The Fountain Valley School District may only enroll students whose parent/guardian resides within the school district boundaries or students who have approved inter-district transfer. This form is designed to verify residency in a specific school's attendance area.
- Residency is defined as meaning the student is living a majority of the time at the address specified with the parent/guardian
- Each student may claim only one residence and the address must be located within the FVSD
r Please check the box below indicating the form of verification of identity you will submit as the student's parent/guardian, caregiver, licensed foster agency or group home representative, or California Superior Court-appointed legal guardian:
- A Driver's License (any photo driver's license or CA ID Card is permitted)
- A passport with photo ID
- If an agent or representative of social services or foster care agency, appropriate identification.
r Present one of the following items to verify your name and address:
- Deed to Home
- Mortgage Escrow Paperwork
- Property Tax Bill
- Rental Lease Agreement with copy of deposit receipt or monthly rental receipt
- Tax Return
If you are unable to provide an item listed above, please compete the Residency Affidavit Form and the Co-Residency Supplemental Form (if applicable)
r Present one of the following items, in addition to the item above, to verify your name and address:
- Current Electric bill with your name and service address or verification of connection**
- Current Gas bill with your name and service address or verification of connection**
- Current Water bill or verification of connection**
- Current Waste Management bill with your name and service address
- Current Cable bill
- Current Social Services documents
- Automobile registration
- Automobile insurance
- Cell phone bill
- Credit card bill
** Note: In the event a utility service connection is used as proof of residency, a utility bill (both parts, in English) must be provided within 45 days to assure continued enrollment.
If a student is found not to reside at the address which is stated during the registration process, district enrollment of that student may be forfeited.
Exhibit FOUNTAIN VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: January 12, 2017 Fountain Valley, California